While the rap music industry has traditionally been dominated by select male artists, few can deny the growing influence of Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj. Her collaboration with artists such as Drake and Beyoncé, coupled with the massive success of her recent Pinkprint Tour, has allowed her to gain new ground as a prominent female rapper with lyrics that are as fire as she is fashionable. In case you have lived under a rock since 2004, here are 10 Nicki Minaj lyrics to give you life:
1) Truffle Butter: “I must have a milli on me right now/And I ain’t talkin’ about that Lil Wayne record/I’m still the highest sellin’ female rapper, for the record.”
Let the records show that she definitely is the highest selling female rapper, and she definitely didn’t depend on Lil Wayne to make that happen.
2) Only: “Dinner with my man on a G5 is my idea of an up-date.”
This verse, along with the rest of her hit “Only,” elevated Minaj to new heights. Competitors might need to take notes (or get an actual jet) to catch up with her now.
3) Feeling Myself: “He said ‘Damn, bae, you so little, but you be really taking that pipe’/I said ‘Yes daddy I do, gimme brain like NYU.’”
This line is perhaps a bit too sensual for the faint of heart; but then again, one should already expect that from Minaj.
4) Anaconda: “I let him hit it ‘cause he slang cocaine/He toss my salad like his name Romaine.”
This verse is straight fire (and also probably one of the cleanest from a song entirely centered on her derriere.
5) Super Bass: “Yes I did, yes I did, somebody please tell him who the F I is/I am Nicki Minaj, I mack them dudes up, back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up.”
If Minaj hadn’t established her reign as queen when “Super Bass” came out in 2010, she absolutely did with these two lines.
6) Monster: “And I’ll say bride of Chucky is child’s play/Just killed another career, it’s a mild day.”
This verse from Kanye West’s “Monster” should call the police STAT, because Minaj just killed it.
7) Roman’s Revenge: “Shoulda sent a thank-you note, you little ho/Now I’mma wrap your coffin with a bow.”
I think we all have a few—or a list, I don’t judge—people in mind we’d like to repeat these words to.
8) Truffle Butter: “Your whole style and approach I invented/And I ain’t takin’ that back, cause I meant it.”
Minaj might as well get an actual patent on her style and image by this point.
9) Trini Dem Girls: “Put it in his face like a cop badge/He wanna pound it like a hashtag.”
We all know the hashtag is beyond salvation by this point in 2015, but this verse solidifies it.
10) She Came to Give It To You: “And tell your man play the back like a spine/You only last 6 seconds like a vine.”
That face says everything that needs to be said about this verse on Usher’s “She Came to Give It To You.”