Chris Pratt: You may know him as the delightfully silly Andy Dwyer in Parks and Recreation, or perhaps as People Magazine’s 2014 second Sexiest Man Alive. Either way, he’s a rising star in Hollywood. Here are 10 things you should know about Chris Pratt:
1. As a high school student in Lake Stevens, Washington, Chris placed fifth in the state wrestling tournament. Afterwards, when his coach asked him what he wanted to do with his life, Chris replied, “I don’t know, but I know I’ll be famous and I know I’ll make a shit ton of money.”
2. After high school, he went to the local community college, only to drop out halfway through his first semester. He then worked as a ticket salesman and a daytime stripper.
3. Chris was waiting tables at a Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant in Maui, Hawaii, when he was discovered by actress and director Rae Dawn Chong, who eventually cast him in his first role.
4. In 2002, Chris got his first substantial acting role in the TV show Everwood. While shooting, he began dating his onscreen sister, Emily VanCamp.
5. Chris met his wife, comedy actress Anna Faris, on the set of Take Me Home Tonight. Weirdly, they both have their own dead bug collection. They also have a two-year-old son, Jack.
6. In the span of five years, Chris has dropped and gained over 70 pounds for acting roles.
7. He had roles in three consecutive movies that were nominated for Best Picture Awards at The Oscars: Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty and Her.
8. Chris has a passion for hunting and owns an extensive gun collection.
9. Before and after his hit Guardians of the Galaxy came out, Chris donned his Star-Lord costume and visited sick kids in the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles.
10. His irresistible character in Parks and Recreation, Andy Dwyer, was originally only supposed to be temporary guest role, but the producers loved him so much he had to stay.