British ballad queen Adele has recently re-emerged on the pop music scene by making headlines with her new single “Hello” from her upcoming album 25. The album is set to release on November 20 of this year, but for fans tired of jamming to the same “Someone Like You” verses, you can view the record-breaking music video for “Hello” below.
While the success of her recent single and music video proves that Adele is far from a passing fad, many fans have been wondering what the singer has been up to since releasing her second studio album in 2011. In case you missed it, here are eight things Adele was doing between releasing her second album and “Hello”:
1) In 2012, Adele wrote and recorded the theme song for the 23rd James Bond film, “Skyfall.”
The artist once stated that working on “Skyfall” was “one of the proudest moments of [her] life.” It has sold more than two million copies worldwide since its release, and at the time, was tied for the highest-rated James Bond song on the UK singles chart.
2) Wiz Khalifa and Adele collaborated on a song for his album, Blacc Hollywood.
You won’t find the song on any Blacc Hollywood CD, however, as the collaboration did not make the final listing of tracks. In response to disappointed fans of the eclectic pairing, Khalifa says, “It was an idea…maybe we’ll get to do a remix or something.”
3) Adele and charity entrepreneur Simon Konecki gave birth to their son Angelo on October 19, 2012.
4) Adele solidified her relationship with Konecki by dispelling breakup rumors.
Amidst rumors that Simon Konecki would be the inspiration for her newest break-up fueled project, Adele ended 2014 with the following message for fans.
Just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays & all the best for 2015! PS Simon & I are still very much together, don’t believe what you read.
— Adele (@Adele) December 28, 2014
It’s likely that the couple has been using her break from the spotlight as an opportunity to connect and develop some sense of normality in their personal lives.
5) Adele won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Skyfall” in 2013.
This was the first James Bond song to win an Academy Award, but the fifth to be nominated. “Skyfall” also earned her the Golden Globe for Best Original Song in 2013.
6) She was appointed as a member of the Most Excellent Orders of the British Empire in the Queen’s 2013 Birthday Honours List.
She was inducted into this exclusive order for her services to music. Prince Charles presented Adele with the award at Buckingham Palace on December 19, 2013.
7) She was labeled as one of the Top 100 most powerful women in the United Kingdom in 2013 by Women’s Hour.
We do not know exactly where she falls on the list since only the first twenty women were ranked, but Adele shares this accomplishment with the likes of JK Rowling, Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, and Queen Elizabeth II herself.
8) Adele worked with Pharrell and Ryan Tedder to produce many of the new songs on 25.
Adele collaborated with many famous songwriters including Pharrell Williams, Diane Warren, and Ryan Tedder (co-producer of Adele’s hit “Rumor Has It”) to produce many of the songs accompanying “Hello” on the album. Bruno Mars even helped her produce the song “All I Ask,” which will be featured as song number 10 on the album’s tracklist.
Adele Before Releasing Hello.