Elle King is an American singer, songwriter, and all around badass. She started singing in New York City at 16 years old, trying to get into clubs for gigs with a fake ID. Her first album, Love Stuff, debuted in February 2015, and has been one of the most played albums on my Spotify playlists. Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Elle King.
- Elle King is the daughter of comedian Rob Schneider and former model London King.
2. Her birth name is Tanner Elle Schneider.
3. She was born out of a Vegas marriage; her parents married three days after they met. They divorced soon after, and Elle lived with her mother in Ohio.
4. At 9 years old, Elle King’s stepfather gave her a CD by pop-punk band The Donnas. It was then that Elle decided she wanted to be a musician.
5. As a teen, Elle was recruited for a pop group formed by Randy Jackson, but the band never recorded.
6. She taught herself to play the banjo after seeing a cute boy play it at art school. The second song she wrote on the banjo, “Good to be a Man”, is what first got her signed.
7. Elle has over 35 tattoos.
8. She has lived in southern Ohio, NYC, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Copenhagen.
9. Elle has toured with Of Monsters and Men and Train, and has opened for Dashboard Confessional, Dropkick Murpheys, Ed Sheeran, and Dry the River.
10. Elle goes hard: she has a chipped front tooth from hitting it with a microphone.
Elle King is currently on tour and being joined by Vance Joy in February